Dr. Charles D. Schlesinger discusses the benefits of immediate-loading implants
Would your patients appreciate going from missing a tooth to having one in less than 40 minutes?
Today’s patients do not want to spend a lot of time in the dental chair and definitely do not want to spend 3-4 months to complete their implant treatment. If you are not able to provide what they are looking for, they will find a practitioner that can meet their needs.
- Cochran DL, Morton D, Weber HP. Consensus statements and recommended clinical procedures regarding loading protocols for endosseous dental implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2004;19(suppl):109-113.
- Rizkallah N, Fischer S, Kraut RA. Correlation between insertion torque and survival rates in immediately loaded implants in the maxilla: a retrospective study. Implant Dent. 2013;22(3):250-254.
- Kobayashi Y, Hashimoto F, Miyamoto H, Kanaoka K, Miyazaki-Kawashita Y, Nakashima T, Shibata M, Kobayashi K, Kato Y, Sakai H. Force-induced osteoclast apoptosis in vivo is accompanied by elevation in transforming growth factor beta and osteoprotegerin expression. J Bone Miner Res. 2000;15(10):1924-1934.
- Schlesinger CD. Predictable Immediate Implant Stabilization and Restoration. J Implant Advanced Clin Dent. 2013;5(8):17-23.
- Linkow LI, Glassman PE, Asnis ST. Macroscopic and microscopic studies of endosteal bladevent implants (six month dog study). Oral Implantol. 1973;3(4):281-309.
- Glauser R, Lundgren AK, Gottlow J, Sennerby L, Portmann M, Ruhstaller P, Hämmerle CH. Immediate occlusal loading of Brånemark TiUnite implants placed predominantly in soft bone: 1-year results of a prospective clinical study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2003;5(suppl 1):47-56.